Saturday 5 December 2015

Tapioca Chips




The most awaited winter is back. I really enjoy the weather from November to February.  These months are perfect for evening coffee with brownies / Fudge or Chai (Tea) with chips.

Since I was away for about ten days, my pantry left with nothing for brownies or fudge. So, I go with option two…..i.e. chai with chips.


I was left with one piece of tapioca which was bought for cutlet but, I decided to make chips.  It’s quick, easy, crispy, spicy and perfect with chai

Ingredients’:        Tapioca       ;        5 Tsp of Olive Oil      ;        Chili powder and Salt   (to sprinkle)


Procedure: Peal the skin of tapioca by scraper. Using the sharp knife, slice them into round shape or straight cuts like finger chips. Make sure its thin enough. Otherwise, it won’t be crispy.

In a baking tray place the cut / sliced tapioca and toss with oil and sprinkle the salt and chili powder and spread them evenly.


Transfer the baking tray in to a 180°C Preheat the oven and bake for about 20 minutes and turn around the chips bake for another 10 minutes.

chai, chips, with chill breeze around staring the early sunset thru wide opened window………..Divine !