Wednesday 8 April 2015

Caramelized Nutty Chocolate Bar


 

In my childhood, I always dream about having a whole Cadbury Dairy Milk (big one) bar all alone. Those days (early nineties), it was about Rs.24. I used to satisfy myself with Rs.10 version of it. (Can afford only Rs.10 bar with my pocket money)

Now, I become too health conscious and knowing the content of it, I avoid buying even the tinny bars.

After seeing the chocolate making competition in a face book group, I look at this competition as an opportunity to fulfill my childhood dream. Yes, I made even bigger chocolate bar and had it all alone. :-)


As usual, I go with 50-50 milk and dark chocolate combination and to enhance further, I caramel the nuts instead of simple roast.

Ingredients : 150gms of milk chocolate (chopped)      ;     150 gms dark chocolate  (chopped)            ;         1/2 cup of walnut         ;            1/2 cup of almond              ;            1/4 cup of peanut         ;   1/4 cup of corn syrup 

Add the corn syrup and all the nuts together and mix well to coat the syrup all over. And spread (individually) those on a baking tray prepared with parchment paper.

Transfer the baking tray into a 180°c pre-heated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the nuts are toasted and caramelized. Allow to cool at room temperature.
 

Meanwhile, in a double boiler melt 100gms of (each) chopped milk and dark chocolate, stirring occasionally to evenly melt. Add the remaining chocolates and continue to stir slowly and gently until just melted.


Pour the melted chocolate into a loaf pan with parchment paper and spread it evenly. Spread the caramelized nuts on top and transfer into fridge for about 2 hour.

Lift the parchment paper from the loaf pan and Its all your……About a 300gms of Nutty Chocolate Bar !

8 comments:

  1. Awesome chocolate bars. Love it. They look super delicious. Yum yum yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-la-la. Just so good. Nice too with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a super delicious chocolate bar, lets bring it to the market! Looks lot better than cadburys, can I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW.. just too good I love it Madhavi.. i could finish that entire bar:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow looks perfect:-) I m so tempted with this bars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy nutty bars..Loved the red ribbon..Looks so tempting..just want to grab and finish it off:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madhavi, this looks so perfectly made, mouth watering and lovely presentation....

    ReplyDelete